High Knees for 20 Seconds:
- Raise your knee towards your chest and then lower it back down to repeat with other knee, while pumping your arms up and down by your side.
Squat Jumps for 20 Seconds:
- Spread your feet a little wider than your shoulders and bend your legs keeping your back straight and your knees over your feet. When you rise, add a jump between your next squat to get your heart rate up.
Mountain Climbers for 30 Seconds:
- Begin in a plank with your hands under your shoulders and your body straight. Flatten your back and brace your core. Lift your right knee toward your chest. Quickly switch, moving your right knee out and lifting your left knee in. Continue alternating legs.
Jumping Jacks for 20 Seconds:
- Begin with your feet together and your arms by your side. Jump, separating your legs a little wider than your shoulders and bringing your arms above your head. Bring your arms and legs back down and repeat.
Plank Jacks for 30 Seconds:
- Start in a plank with your hands under shoulders and your body straight. Bring your feet together. Jump and spread your legs wider than shoulder width. Jump back to a plank and repeat.
Lunge Jacks for 20 Seconds:
- Start in a lunge, both knees bent at 90-degree angles. Point your feet forward. Brace your core, pull your shoulders down, and swing your arms back. Quickly swing your arms upward and jump. Switch your legs to land in the same lunge position and repeat til the time runs out.
Rest for 10 Seconds before repeating the circuit one more time to complete your five minute cardio workout. These exercises will hit all different parts of your body and get your heart rate going in no time. Remember that when it starts to get hard, is when you should push yourself more because that's when the growth happens!